Our Client is well established piling contractor who has been providing solutions to the building and civil engineering sectors for over 50 years. The main purpose of this position is to administer the contractual and commercial side of piling contracts.Key Responsibilities
Skills Required : Essential
- Prepare and check various financial forecasts and project reports
- Ensure that applications for payment are accurately valued, prepared and submitted on time.
- Liaise with clients to agree monthly valuations including final accounts, and obtain payment certificates, and payments on time.
- Contractual negotiation and administration of sub-contractors, including valuation and payment.
- Assist operations staff with commercial matters relating to projects.
- Review enquiry documentation and input into the tender preparation where requested.
Skills Required : Desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Contract Negotiation.
- Computer literate including competency in the use of MS Excel.
- Excellent numeracy.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good negotiation skills.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- Well organised with good time management.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and manage risks in contract documents
Applicants should be of the highest calibre. A senior quanity is preferred but consideration will be given to an aspiring quantity surveyor. Previous relevant experience in piling / groundworks is also beneficial as they will be expected to manage 3 - 4 accounts at any one time with average value circa £300k each.